[Ports Question] Samba 2.0.7

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 19:39:42 BST 2000

Guy Harper wrote:

> I'm trying to install Samba 2.0.7 from the ports tree. I have downloaded
> the latest port (today) and am experiencing strange symptoms....
>
> When running make, as expected, the script detects no tarball, and reads
> the ftp locations list to download it. However, it is trying to download
> a file named <.tar.gz>. I expect it to go off hunting for
> <samba-2.0.7.tar.gz>.... but it's not.
>

> In my usual fashion, I attempt a sledgehammer style hack, and ln -s
> /usr.ports/distfiles/.tar.gz -> /usr/ports/distfiles/samba-2.0.7.tar.gz
> ..... this is ok to an inevitable point, where the script tries to look
> for /usr/ports/net/samba/work//source .....at which point it gives up
> again.
>
> Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Your /usr/ports/Mk directory is probably out of date.  Update it somehow
(cvsupping the ports-base collection is probably easiest).  There were
some changes, with various variables removed and new ones added (notably
PORTNAME and PORTVERSION), which could probably cause the sort of
problems you're seeing.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D