[Ports Question] Samba 2.0.7

Guy Harper medicated at phreaker.net
Sat Aug 5 20:07:48 BST 2000

I'm trying to install Samba 2.0.7 from the ports tree. I have downloaded
the latest port (today) and am experiencing strange symptoms....

When running make, as expected, the script detects no tarball, and reads
the ftp locations list to download it. However, it is trying to download
a file named <.tar.gz>. I expect it to go off hunting for
<samba-2.0.7.tar.gz>.... but it's not.

In my usual fashion, I attempt a sledgehammer style hack, and ln -s
/usr.ports/distfiles/.tar.gz -> /usr/ports/distfiles/samba-2.0.7.tar.gz
..... this is ok to an inevitable point, where the script tries to look
for /usr/ports/net/samba/work//source .....at which point it gives up
again.

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Thanks,

Guy