Strange Problem 2

Serge @ Intraforum serge at intraforum.net
Tue Apr 11 12:50:08 BST 2000

--=====================_1861173==_.ALT

At 10:20 11/04/2000 , you wrote:
>OK, next - I have just bought FreeBSD 4.0 and am trying to install
>it on an AMD Athlon 600, 128Mb RAM, Voodoo3 3000 etc.  Either trying
>to boot from CD or boot floppies it hangs after
>
>         BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01
>
>I have also tried the FreeBSD 3.2 CD but get the same problem - does
>anyone know if there is a problem with Athlons?

I'm not sure about AMD Athlons, but I had various problems with AMD K6
processors (resulting, in particular, in Signal 11 when compiling the
kernel - more info from http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11) .. after CPU
replacement everything was back to normal .. also try to replace memory, it
might help

Serge

>Regards
>
>Simon Clayton
>Reference Technology Ltd

--=====================_1861173==_.ALT

At 10:20 11/04/2000 , you wrote:<br>
am trying to install<br>
it on an AMD Athlon 600, 128Mb RAM, Voodoo3 3000 etc.&nbsp; Either
trying<br>
to boot from CD or boot floppies it hangs after <br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>BTX loader
1.00 BTX version is 1.01<br>
I have also tried the FreeBSD 3.2 CD but get the same problem -
does<br>
anyone know if there is a problem with Athlons?</blockquote><br>
I'm not sure about AMD Athlons, but I had various problems with AMD K6
processors (resulting, in particular, in Signal 11 when compiling the
kernel - more info from
.. after CPU replacement everything was back to normal .. also try to
replace memory, it might help<br>
Serge<br>
Simon Clayton<br>
Reference Technology Ltd<br>