Strange problem 1

Simon Clayton Simon at businessmeetings.com
Tue Apr 11 13:05:04 BST 2000

Richard,

Thanks for that, I have deleted the line and retyped
it in crontab and then done "crontab crontab" to reload
it but with no success.  I presume that it is tabs that
separate the columns?

Here is my /etc/crontab

	# /etc/crontab - root's crontab for FreeBSD
	#
	# $Id: crontab,v 1.18 1998/03/30 09:17:25 ache Exp $
	#
	SHELL=/bin/sh
	PATH=/etc:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
	HOME=/var/log
	#
	#minute hour    mday    month   wday    who     command
	#
	*/5     *       *       *       *       root    /usr/libexec/atrun
	#
	# rotate log files every hour, if necessary
	0       *       *       *       *       root    newsyslog
	#
	# do daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
	0       2       *       *       *       root    periodic daily 2>&1 | sendmail root
	30      3       *       *       6       root    periodic weekly 2>&1 | sendmail root
	30      5       1       *       *       root    periodic monthly 2>&1 | sendmail root
	#
	# time zone change adjustment for wall cmos clock,
	# does nothing, if you have UTC cmos clock.
	# See adjkerntz(8) for details.
	1,31    0-5     *       *       *       root    adjkerntz -a

I'm deeply puzzled - but then I'm only a newbie!

Simon