Querying on mirroring FreeBSD Web and FTP sites in UK academic site.

L. Cranswick L.M.D.Cranswick at dl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 10:49:32 BST 1999

> Out of interest,  I dont suppose that anyone could (when they next install)
> install from the freebsd uk site no 2 ( now mirror.ac.uk) and let me
> know what sort of speed they get?  I am curious to know what sort of rates
> are being supplied to off campus both round janet and off of janet.  As the
> speed I get is probably a little unfair being two switches and a hub away
> from the servers.

To Daresbury Lab, I am getting around 250 to 350kB a second.

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick at dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk