PPP Callback

Steven Fletcher flec at flec.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 12:37:14 BST 1999

Hi Brian;

Thanks for replying..=20

>With callback, you must be able to pick up the return call as if it=20
>was a completely separate setup - the calling ppp doesn't magically=20
>know how to pick up an incoming call.

Yeap, It's already configured to be a dial-up box via mgetty and ppp
-direct.

>Also, if you're talking to a M$ server that want's chap=20
>authentication, you'd better build ppp after you've installed DES on=20
>your system.

It is wanting chap, and we have rebuilt ppp already :-)

>Apart from that, what seems to be the problem ?

Unsure really. The NT server seems not to like it much. I've posted the
logs at http://www5.shellnet.co.uk/callback/ (rather than posting to the
list) if this is any assistance to you - i'd appreciate the assistance
:)

Thanks;

Steven Fletcher - steven at shellnet.co.uk / flec at flec.co.uk
       Shellnet - http://www.shellnet.com