FreeBSD Articles for new LINUX ANSWERS magazine

Martin Smith martin at chiron-s.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 14:49:14 BST 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 11:35:00PM +0100, Andrew Boothman wrote:
>
> 	"Hotmail (who still use FreeBSD despite now being
> 	part of MSN)"

just as a slight excursion from the topic, is FreeBSD implicated in the
widely noted cracking of hotmail last weekend, I heard on the Today
program one morning this week a journalist I think the IT correspondant of
the New Scientist commenting on it and saying of course I have a hotmail
account and it has x hundreds of messages in the mailbox but I never read
them as it is always people trying to sell me things, not a very good
advertisement for hotmail.

--
Martin Smith