PPP Configuration Problems!

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Wed Sep 1 01:24:15 BST 1999

> On 31 Aug 99, at 21:18, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I was away :-]
>
> Good holiday?

Relaxing - with no children :-)

> > You can ``allow users *'' if you wanna let everyone in.
> >
> > WRT the Operation not permitted bit, is ppp installed properly ?
> > This error would result if ppp tried to open the tun device as a
> > normal user :-/  Is there anything ``manual'' being done when
> > installing ppp ?
>
> FWIW I've seen a similar thing with PPPoISDN,
>
> [rich at zippy ~]groups
> wheel users network
> [rich at zippy ~]ls -al /usr/sbin/ppp
> -r-sr-xr--  1 root  network  224536 Aug  5 19:16 /usr/sbin/ppp
> [rich at zippy ~]grep allow /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
>  allow users rich
> [rich at zippy ~]ppp demon
> bash: /usr/sbin/ppp: Permission denied
> [rich at zippy ~]

Well, the problem's with permissions rather than anything to do with
the ``allow users'' command - bash is complaining here.

I don't know what bash is complaining about though - things look ok
from where I'm sitting (and they work ok here).

--
Brian <brian at Awfulhak.org>                        <brian at FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian at OpenBSD.org>