FreeBSD: 10th Daresbury Machine Evaluation Workshop

L. Cranswick L.M.D.Cranswick
Sun Oct 31 01:50:02 GMT 1999

The 10th Daresbury Machine Evaluation Workshop is coming
up at Daresbury lab were commercial computing types
show their wares.  I have queried about whether FreeBSD
could be represented but Kevin Maguire (the organiser)
does not know who could be invited.

  http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/Activity/DISCO+1078

Would anyone be available/intersted to give a FreeBSD
type talk at this event?  It is meant (so I am told)
to be influential on what many academic sites
purchase/use.

I could give a "FreeBSD rocks bigtime" type of talk and
show the "borrocks" software making every operating system
except FreeBSD and Digital UNIX.  But have been told this
meeting tends to be more high-brow.

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick at dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk