Fwd: Re: How do I fix a "still dirty" filesystem?

Jo Root drmarsh
Mon Oct 25 04:01:53 BST 1999

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> Subject: Re: How do I fix a "still dirty" filesystem?
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:48:47 +0100
> From: Jo & <drmarsh at bigfoot.com>
>

> On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, you wrote:
>
> > PS: Please cc: answers to drmarsh72 at hotmail.com, just in case I'm really
> > screwed and can't access my mailbox.
>
> Nope, I'm hosed.
>
> I can't fetch my mail.  Fetchmail gives errors such as:

No, I'm not.

I was asking kmail to check the wrong mailbox, that of my mortal self, rather
than /var/mail/root. Still get all the nasty errors I alluded to, though..

> Please send any responses to drmarsh72 at hotmail.com, thanks.

The above is probably still advisable, though..

> Oh dear, I think I'm *really* in trouble this time..

I feel dirty doing mundane things like this as root, it's not right... ;-/