Does FreeBSD have OpenBSD like blackballing of programs?

Dominic Mitchell dom
Fri Oct 22 08:03:21 BST 1999

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 01:02:46AM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Brian Somers <brian at Awfulhak.org> wrote:
> > Besides, haven't the security issues in wu-ftpd been sorted out ?
>
> I decided to dump wu-ftpd or any derivitives (e.g. Bero-ftpd) and hack
> our patches into FreeBSD's ftpd instead. I feel somewhat less worried
> as a result.

There are still bugs in it, afaik.  Check back through bugtraq, the one
in particular I recall is that we do not actually check whom we are
connecting to when we open a passive mode data connection.  Of course,
this has never been an issue to me, so I haven't fixed it.  :-)

-Dom