low memory installation

alex aitkin s9404086
Sun Oct 10 22:09:29 BST 1999

I have a Toshiba T1910 laptop with 4M RAM.

I have been unable to boot from the kern and mfsroot installation disks,
though I am not sure if this is because of low memory or because of
proprietary hardware issues.  Neither debian or redhat boot disks get
further than 'boot failed', where as with FreeBSD I can at least get to the
stage of the mfsroot disk, before, at a certain point, it stops and says
'boot:'.

Is there some way of simply transfering a functioning BSD installation from
my desktop to my laptop, via zip drive ?

aa