HP printers & FreeBSD?

Chris Dillon cdillon
Tue Oct 5 02:06:57 BST 1999

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, David Stocks wrote:

> <<snip>>
>
> >-- Chris Dillon - cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon at inter-linc.net
> >   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
> >   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
> >   ( http://www.freebsd.org )
> >
> >   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
> >    courage to trust Windows with your data."
> >

> For Alpha and Sparc?  I admit that I'm a bit behind the times using 2.2.6,
> but when did it get ported to the Alpha?

Alpha since 3.0, IIRC.  SPARC development is, unfortunately, almost
nil at the moment, but people are at least trying, and there is a
freebsd-sparc mailing list.  There is talk of porting to PPC, too, but
for now only the Intel x86 and Alpha architectures are actually
supported.

> Or have I just missed something obvious and made a fool of myself.  Hmm.

If you're anything like me, you're just too busy to pay attention to
all the FreeBSD goings-on.  :-)