FreeBSD 3.2 & MySQL322

Guy Harper gharper at namco.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 09:19:21 BST 1999

Hello,

I have recently obtained a standard 3.2 distribution of FreeBSD, with the ports
CD's supplied. I have successfully installed FreeBSD, allegedly using the
'install everything' option....

I am trying to install MySQL from the standard ports CD, but am encountering
problems with the installation.

Namely, I get the following when I initially use make :

#...
#checking for syscall getsockopt...

#Fatal trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode
#Fault virtual address   :0xc0c32ea8
#Fault code              :supervisor write, page not present
#Instruction pointer     :0x8:0xc022a6ae
#Stack pointer      :0x10:0xc2f2ce54
#Frame pointer      :0x10:0xc2f2ce60
#code segment       :base 0x0, limit 0xffffff, type 0x1b,
                DPL 0, pes 1, def32 1, gran 1
#processor eflags        :interrupt enabled, resume, 1opl=0
#current process         :6812(sh)
#interrupt mask          :net tty.. ??
#trap number        :12
#Panic : Page Fault

I have checked for any missing dependencies, but am unable to find any...

Thanks,

Guy

</---
Guy Harper