Does FreeBSD have OpenBSD like blackballing of programs?

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Thu Oct 21 06:50:58 BST 1999

> Hi,
>
> Just going through the latest WU_FTP vunerability
> release from CERT showing the following:
>
> OpenBSD
>
>    OpenBSD does not use (and never will use) wuftpd or any of its
>    derivatives.
>

> Does FreeBSD have blackballing statements like this
> for any software?

I'd be surprised if FreeBSD ever made a statement like this.  I
believe the FreeBSD team is a bit less emotional and a bit more
rational about things.

Besides, haven't the security issues in wu-ftpd been sorted out ?

--
Brian <brian at Awfulhak.org>                        <brian at FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian at OpenBSD.org>