cheap freebsd screamer

Clare & Peter Stubbs clarenpete at sol.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 19:15:55 BST 1999

Hi All,

I've finally fulfilled a long standing dream of owning an SMP freebsd
box, so I thought I'd mention it just in case it was someone elses
dream as well.

ABIT make a dual celeron mother board called a BP6 which is
about =A3105, and the celeron 400's are about =A350 each, which has
to be good value. So for about =A3200 you can have 800mhz of
FreeBSD on your desktop!

I've heard of people overclocking the 366mhz celerons to nearly
600mhz. I haven't been able to push mine at all, so I guess Intel
has put a stop to it with the more recent chips.

I guess I should mention that I don't have a vested interest in these
products, but am a happy user.

Cheers,
Peter