cheap 100 Meg ethernet cards

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 20 17:22:55 BST 1999

Martin,

> I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else, the Intel cards rule.
> My only advice is don't touch a Kingston card, I can't recall how much
> they cost but they aren't worth it!.

Can you recall what chipset the Kingston card was using.

I've got a motherboard with a RealTek 8139 chip onboard.
However, it only runs at 10 Meg right now as I don't
have any other 100 Meg cards or hubs.

I've always found the RealTek 8029 PCI cards (NE2000 clones)
to work just great at 10 Megs.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
roger at cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde