HP printers & FreeBSD?

K. Gunderson kgun at iacan.org
Tue Oct 5 17:09:07 BST 1999

> If it makes you feel any better, though, I've never been thoroughly
> impressed with HP's lower-end printers, either.  But their mid- to
> high-end printers have never disappointed me.  And if the box really
> did mention a 3-year warranty, but they claim it only has 1-year
> regardless of what the box said, just scream bloody legal action and
> I'm sure they'll instantly be much nicer and gladly send you a new
> printer.

I don't want to beat this to death here, but only wish to mention that
at the time I purchased this pinter it was HP's top end color inkjet
and set me back $550.

I'm glad you had better luck than I, but suggest
your experience may be atypical.  Just ask anyone who has had the
unfortunate experience of owning a Pavillion and tried to get tech
support for the LT Winmodems.  Took them about 4-5 mos. to get drivers
that would work with ISP's using USR/3Com products.  For a while there
the unofficial HP position was to switch to an ISP that used Rockwell
chipsets.

--
Ciao--Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.