Illegal site

Rich Wood rich
Tue Nov 30 10:59:18 GMT 1999

On 29 Nov 99, at 21:00, Lee Johnston wrote:

> Maybe a scheme where all new users are monitored every so often to see
> if any illegal material is present.

How would you define illegal material?

There are very few things that you can put on a web site that are
illegal to possess in this country (pictures of child pornography and
bestiality being the only two that spring to mind).

There are other things that it is an offence to distribute, but not
to possess (hard-core pornography etc).

But AFAIK the files that are on the site in question are perfectly
legal to possess, and no offence is being committed.

However that doesn't stop the fact that we (UKUG) may or may not want
this particular site hosted on dogma.

Rich
--
rich at dynamite.org                 rich at FreeBSD.org.uk
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane