Where can I downlaod it?

Andrew Boothman andrew
Sun Nov 28 20:48:32 GMT 1999

On 28-Nov-99 Adam Charnock wrote:
> Hi all. I am really eager to get started on FreeBSD but I just can not find
> it. I have been to the FTP sites and found everything except the OS its
> self. If someone could point me in the direction of the stable version I
> would much appreciate it. it would be even nicer if you could give the
> exact URL :-)

As with most things on FreeBSD, the best place to look for information is the
UK mirror of the project's web site. On http://www.uk.freebsd.org

Down the left hand side, you can see three links relevent for yourself.

1) Getting FreeBSD - Directly answers your question

2) Newbies - Containts useful information for someone who is new to Unix and/or
FreeBSD

3) The Handbook - THE resource for information about FreeBSD

4) The FAQ - Also THE resource for information about FreeBSD

In short, have a good nose around the web site, as there is a hell of a lotof
content which is likely to help you.

> Thanx from a novice :-))

No problem, we're all here to help each other. Don't worry about coming back
here with any problems.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew at cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org