Tv Card questions...

Guy Harper guy
Sun Nov 7 22:03:25 GMT 1999

Roger,

Thanks for the advice regarding tv cards for FreeBSD... I have acted
accordingly and purchased a Hauppauge WinTV Stereo pci card.

Having recompiled the driver into the kernel, my driver is loading fine,
and I am getting partial functionality....

Specifically:

#I have no (usable) picture, but near perfect sound (using the line out
on the card)
#My system becomes extremely unstable with fxtv running

The best picture I have had so far is running at v. low resolution and
refreshing about 3 times a second... Not good!!

My PC is a P200 MMX with 64MB RAM, with a Matrox MGA 10MB vga card. Is
this a high enough spec? (I am very short of swap space, but I don't see
this as a related issue.. although I may be wrong - I am quite new to
BSD and this is my first installation, so I do have a few quirks....)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Guy