Groups

Brian Somers brian
Sun Nov 7 13:35:28 GMT 1999

> hello all!
>        I have recently upgraded to 3.3-RELEASE. and I was wondering if there is any way of creating a group for users , so that they can't excute programs like
> startx etc... Because I am going to turn my machine in to a shell server for my friends. Since they know how to use *nix. They keep loading  X-windows to piss me off.
>
> If you have any idea pleas express them

Well, you can't really disallow people - rather you disallow everyone
and allow certain people.  If you create a group x, chgrp all
relevant X binaries & scripts and chmod o-rwx, it should do the job.

--
Brian <brian at Awfulhak.org>                        <brian at FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian at OpenBSD.org>