Illegal site

Paul Richards paul at originative.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:29:55 GMT 1999

Richard Smith wrote:

> "T. Schwarz" wrote:
> >
> > You can find the illegal site @
> > http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~xet75/inside/index.html
>

> Would you adam 'n eve it :)
>
> I'm not sure about the international copyright laws, IANAL. But I agree
> that the "freebsd.org" domain name should not be associated with cracker
> activities.

First of all, if anyone else replies to the original message then *PLEASE*
trim the CC line
to only include this list. We don't want the internal discussion of the
group CC'd to people
who have reported us to various organisations for hosting illegal sites !

We should send a single reply to Thomas Schwarz when the issue has been
dealt with. If
he's a user group member anyway then I'm sure he'll speak up in a minute and
let us know
that :-)

The site has some Apple graphics that definately violate copyright laws.
Someone who has access should pull this site now and consider removing Geoff
Roberts'
login account, anyone know who he is? He's not listed as a member of the
user group although
the list isn't sorted so I may have missed his name on it. If he isn't a
member then why is
he able to host pages on the UKUG web site?

I think we should consider more formal arrangements for accessing the
usergroup
machine, or certainly the ukug.uk.freebsd.org domain anyway. I also think
that only UKUG
members should be given login accounts, otherwise there isn't even a minimal
amount of
accountability as to what they do.

Paul Richards
Originative Solutions Ltd