[Freebsd-users] New Mailing List Installed!

Dom Mitchell dom at myrddin.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 07:04:35 BST 1999

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 09:21:35PM +0100, Lee Johnston wrote:
> Just to let everyone know, Joe and I have completed migration of the
> freebsd-users mailing list from dogma to listserver.uk.freebsd.org.
>
> Users of the mailing list shouldn't notice any difference in posting messages
> or subscribing and unsubscribing.
>
> The new mailing list is running on MailMan, which provides many additional
> features to majordomo, including:
>
>         A Web Interface to allow alteration to user accounts.

Bonzer idea.  Can you still do it through the usual -request address,
though? (just checking).

>         The Subject line will now include the name of the list for those
>         subscribed to more than one mailing list.

Is this an absolute necessity?  The mailing list details are stamped in
enough places in the headers already...

If you're on several mailing lists and still getting them all delivered
to /var/mail/user, then you've got a problem.  I am quite happy to
provide support to people in setting up procmail in this case.
--
When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.