Frustration with Samba

Mark Blackman tmb
Wed Jul 7 11:51:33 BST 1999

indeed, I think you're at the stage now where you would be best off
running from the command line (no '-D') and enable debugging

smbd -d 3

and look at your output. Your problems sound vaguely reminiscent
of DNS lookup problems, but that's just a vague hunch. I've
seen dodgy DNS servers cause all kinds of apparently unrelated
problems.

Mark