user group funding

mike at Chook.Demon.Co.UK mike at Chook.Demon.Co.UK
Tue Jul 27 18:07:09 BST 1999

But Walnut Creek also make a contribution towards development costs.  I'd
only be interested if the group contributed the same, or greater amount
towards development costs. I realise it's not a requirement of those using
or distributing FreeBSD that they contribute towards development costs, but
I'm sure the developers wouldn't complain 'cos their kit must wear out
eventually too!

I've nothing against people making disks and distributing them (ideally for
no profit), especially if it increases the user base, but in the end the
project has to be sustainable, or it goes under and we all lose.

Michael Saunby