user group funding

David Richards hellmary_29 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:41:21 BST 1999

this is just an idea. so please don't get mad or over the top.
How do this user group get its funding ??

I think this idea might work

the head of this user group should download the latest version of freebsd
and burn it on to cd. Then they should sell it for a fiver or something

for one, i would buy it from the user group, since my internet connection at
home is only 33.6 and I don't have a credit card etc.
The nearest place for me to buy freebsd is Walnut. Since we have a company
of there and we just order stuff, get it send to them and every 6 months or
so, some one from here will go over there and pick everything up. IN the end
i costed me about a couple 100 quid to get freebsd from the USA and I would
like somewhere closer to get it from and cheaper too.

please remember it was just a thought that came in to my head.

david