Planet Online use of Linux

Mark Blackman tmb at rcru.rl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 11:04:55 BST 1999

Fair enough, I was just curious what the "attitude" of ISPs is regarding the
appropriate platforms to run for different internal ISP functions.

Although I'm a tickled-pink long-time FreeBSD user, if Linux can cover all the
bases as well as *BSD *and* get loads of commercial support, it's a pretty
difficult objective argument to say that you should ever use *BSD in
preference to Linux, except for the case of legacy BSD systems or subjective
personal preference.

anyway, as long as FreeBSD continues to evolve in the direction of
performance and robustness and POLA I'll be sticking with it.

Mark