Planet Online use of Linux

Richard Smith richard at jezebel.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 09:41:32 BST 1999

Mark Blackman wrote:

> Is Linux (in any guise) as suitable for a (big) ISP as *BSD?
> I was under the impression that conventional wisdom would answer
> "no" to this question.

And I suspect that most of that conventional wisdom emanates from the
BSD camp. I would expect that the Linux camp would have the opposite
view, with the NT camp thinking we're both crazy.

IMHO BSD vs. Linux vs. NT is 10% objective and 90% subjective.
I prefer BSD (however, I have _never_ _ever_ been anywhere near a Linux
box), but then again, I _know_ I'm crazy ;)

Richard.