Silo overflow errors with US Robotics Sportster 28.8k

James James at spel.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 01:54:01 BST 1999

Hi all,

I'm new to FreeBSD and am struggling a bit to say the least! I'm trying
to get ppp working with my modem (USR Sportster 28.8k on IRQ 2). I keep
getting "silo overflow" errors in the log after querying the modem
manually (e.g. ATI4 etc.). It seems to return the first 13 characters,
then locks. I've read the docs and checked freebsd.org and gather it's
some sort of buffer overflow. Dropping the modem speed doesn't help.

Any help much appreciated!! Sorry if this has been asked many times
before.

I.m running 2.2.7-stable on a DX2/66 with 24Mb RAM. I can post config
files here if someone lets me know which ones to email! It's getting to
be a real pain having to use Windoze for Internet access.

Thanks in advance,

James

freebsd at spel.demon.co.uk