KVM Switch

Nik Clayton nik at nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 20:16:05 BST 1999

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 10:47:35AM +0100, Richard Smith wrote:
> Nik Clayton wrote:
> > I'm using a Belkin OmniView SE 4 Port, bought from Action Computers
<snip>

> Thanks, that's just the kind of endorsement I'm looking for.
> One is soon to be on order from Belkin UK. :)
>
> BTW, what flavour of rodent do you use with it? The Cybex problems
> (reported on -questions, and also experienced by me) was always with
> /dev/psm0.

A Logitech Pilot (3 button, naturally), PS/2, recognised as

    psm0 irq 12 on isa
    psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

I've never had any problems with it.  Obviously, the same mouse also works
fine under Windows (now if I could only get Team Fortress Classic to
recognise the middle mouse button. . .)

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5 at cs.colorado.edu>