Free BSD

Neil Ford maillistsubs at binky.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 22:10:58 BST 1999

I'd have to agree with what everyone else has said... if you can, get some newer CDs, things really have come on quite a lot.

The suggestion about either aquiring some extra hardware or creating a dual boot machine is a good one, I have the luxury of a
FreeBSD only box at home because I have a surfit of hardware.  The box doesn't have to be the latest greatest spec to be usable,
you'll be pleasently surprised at the performance compared to Windows.

Once I get my server fully functional, I'll be dual booting my Windows box and probably just be using Windows for games (must play
Diablo every now and then).

Basically this is a long winded way of saying 'go for it'.  Get hold of the handbook from the website, read up a little and try it
out.  Don't worry too much about sound, apart from games, how much do you need it?.  Don't forget you can always ask here for
assistance.  That's right guys?  Guys!! Guys!! :-)

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
neil at binky.demon.co.uk