We're No.2 [Was: We're No. 1 :)]

Chris Dillon cdillon
Mon Dec 27 02:57:41 GMT 1999

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 03:03:14AM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
> > Maybe I've missed a post here but it seems we're No.1 in the OS
> > ratings :) (of course *we* all knew that, it's just that everyone
> > else didn't)
> >
> > http://www.deja.com/rate/list_items.xp?CID=11997
> >

> Ahem, we appear to have slipped to 2nd place - *behind* *NT* :(
>
> Mind you, it's not all bad - Linux is *last*

I just took a look at that, after having already seen it as it was
BEFORE the tables were turned.  Doesn't it seem rather fishy that so
many people voted both bad for Linux and good for NT to tip the scales
in opposite directions, but not for any of the other operating systems
as well?  The short reviews by the voters still tell the real picture
-- glowing reviews for Linux, and NT gets flushed down the toilet.
The fact that almost all of these new scale-tipping votes don't have
any written reviews attached to them leads me to believe that they
weren't put there by real voters at all.  Someone stuffed the ballot
box, and I'm willing to bet some money on who it was.  :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon at inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   Your mouse has moved.  Windows must be restarted for the change
   to take effect.   Reboot now?  [ OK ]