Disable SCSI probe

Campbell Allan campa
Fri Dec 10 10:29:44 GMT 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Richard Smith wrote:

> When you say you disabled the device driver, did you disable a "device"
> line or a "controller" line in the config file? If there's no SCSI
> controller, it can't probe the SCSI interface card, can it?

Don't know about the config file (haven't gotten quite that far yet - boot
manager problems), this was disabling the device in the configuration menu
you get when you initially install FreeBSD. Disabling it in visual or
command line mode doesn't make any difference.

> > Any help or advice with this would be really appreciated because I'm stumped
> > with this
>
> Post the output of `dmesg' to the list, someone might be able to help.

Another thing I haven't gotten as far as yet but I'll do that once I get
it.

> FWIW, not much :-)
> Richard.

Better than nothing. On a related note, I was reading a little through the
boot manager docs in the book directory of the CD and it mentioned booting
from the first or second disk. Is it possible to boot from the third disk
or use lilo instead ?

Campbell