We're No.2 [Was: We're No. 1 :)]

Mark Ovens mark at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Mon Dec 27 16:53:58 GMT 1999

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 08:43:35AM -0700, Donald Wilde wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 03:03:14AM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
> > > Maybe I've missed a post here but it seems we're No.1 in the OS
> > > ratings :) (of course *we* all knew that, it's just that everyone
> > > else didn't)
> > >
> > > http://www.deja.com/rate/list_items.xp?CID=11997
> > >

> > Ahem, we appear to have slipped to 2nd place - *behind* *NT* :(
> >
> > Mind you, it's not all bad - Linux is *last*
>
> Due to the dramatic increase in NT posts, I'd suspect that somebody's
> automatically stuffing the ballot box... Note that BSD has almost as
> many posters as NT,

Doh!, it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment but everyone seems
to have taken me too seriously. I realized that something was amiss
for Linux to move from top to bottom and NT to move from bottom to
top.

Maybe I should have used ``:^)'' instead of ``:(''.

>  guess MS didn't think it worthwhile to include
> trashing us in their automated stuffer.

Well, they have to be careful, after all FreeBSD runs hotmail :)

--
	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"