Attention Brian Somers (or anyone else who can help)

c.raven at ukonline.co.uk c.raven at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 15:49:08 GMT 1999

Brian,
What would it take to get modem configuration and installation utility built
in to /stand/sysinstall ? Or, at least to have a "newbie" script that finds
and configures modems and the required paramaters ... perhaps allowing users
to enter their ISP details and have it saved automagically to the ppp.conf
file etc..

By that I mean, would it need to be a 'sponsored' effort and, if so how many
hours would be required (guestimation). I just figured it was something
really missing from FreeBSD at the moment (latest version I have is 3.3 in
case the situation has altered).

With the desktop now in the the /stand/sysinstall modems seem to be one of
the only big gaps remaining.

rgds,
Christopher Raven