Mounting CDs

Mark Ovens mark at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Sun Dec 5 17:44:51 GMT 1999

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 02:10:29PM +0000, Ben Smithurst wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
>
> > As Ben suggested, I did a ktrace(1). Here is the output; does it
> > tell anyone anything?
>
> It's as I expected really, it fails at the call to mount(), but you
> can't tell any more than that. mount(2)'s manpage says it will fail
> with EPERM if the caller is not the super user, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case for me.
>
> The only difference I can see is that me and Richard are using an
> IDE CD-ROM, and you're using a SCSI one aren't you? (I think that's
> what cd0 rather than acd0 is.) I really don't see why that would
> make any difference though.

Neither can I. I've taken a look at the CVS logs and it appears that
there has been quite a few changes to mount* in the last couple of
months.

I'm going to throw this one up on -stable.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, just one thing else. What are your perms on /dev/{,r}acd0*

--
PERL has been described as "the duct tape of the Internet"
and "the Unix Swiss Army chainsaw"