Please fix your Autoresponse

Helen McCall helen at dinoflagellate.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 01:13:29 GMT 1999

Dear Michael Robson,

The message I sent to your postmaster, whom I assume to have been your
stand-in, was sent privately. Your auto-responder started hitting me in a
week when I found myself having to sort out a large number of really
senseless mess-ups by operators from numerous organisations. By Sunday, I
was in a foul mood and not feeling in the least bit sympathetic to any
operations staff, let alone one who had set his auto-responder to hit one
of my mailboxes, whilst he (you) had apparently gone swanning of on a
fortnight's holiday.

Had you replied privately to my private message, and explained how it had
happened, I would have apologised for my angry words.

However; since you have instead decided to compound your error by
attempting to severely humiliate me in public, and to publish defamatory
statements concerning me, I now have no choice but to take up the matter
of your abuse of the Internet, and public defamation, with your
University's Vice Chancellor.

Yours Sincerely,

Helen McCall