PPP Configuration Problems!

Andrew Boothman andrew
Tue Aug 31 22:49:53 BST 1999

On 31-Aug-99 Brian Somers wrote:
> Sorry, I was away :-]

:-)

> You can ``allow users *'' if you wanna let everyone in.

OK. Thanks! This has fixed this problem now.

> WRT the Operation not permitted bit, is ppp installed properly ?
> This error would result if ppp tried to open the tun device as a
> normal user :-/  Is there anything ``manual'' being done when
> installing ppp ?

I'm not really sure what you mean here. I'm using ppp as it was installed as
standard on a 3.1 release system. If, for some reason, ppp was trying to open
tun0 as a normal user, how can it be told not to?

Many thanks!

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew at cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org