Upgrading to FreeBSD 3.2 etc

Charles Brewster ecliptica.ww
Tue Aug 31 22:51:01 BST 1999

Thanks Ben for that observation ...

Yes ... installing a "nicer" shell is what I set out to do ... the original
problem being that bash (which I have reasonably well tamed on my 2.2.7
config with pretty colour shell prompts and everything) wouldn't run on my
new 3.2 installation.

I appreciate that just keeping the default csh for doing stuff as root is a
good idea, but of course when getting up and running with a new
configuration much of what you're doing is as root.

Cheers ... Charlie B ...