compatibility

Adrian Wontroba aw1
Fri Aug 27 07:03:09 BST 1999

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 07:53:59AM -0400, Raymond Law wrote:
> Does the release 3.2 support 3Com PCMCIA card 3C562D-TP-D?

Here is an extract from pccard.conf.sample.

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589B, 3C589C
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589"
	insert	echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
	insert	echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
# 3com/USR/Megahertz 3CCM556
card "3Com" "3CXM/3CCM556"
	insert echo 3Com PCMCIA 56K Modem inserted
# 3Com/NoteWorthy 56K modem (bundled with Toshiba notebooks)
# 3Com Megahertz 3CCE589E* 10 Mbps LAN PC Card
card "3Com" "Megahertz 589E"
        insert echo 3Com Megahertz Ethernet card inserted
# 3Com/USR/MegaHertz 3CCM156
card "3COM" "3CCM156"
	insert echo 3Com PCMCIA 56K modem inserted

The string "562" doesn't occur anywhere in pccard.conf.sample, so you
might be out of luck.  What is the card anyway?

I'm using a 589E, and am less than impressed with it. It works, but
doesn't behave at all well when using rmt (dump or tar).

Sod's law explains why I returned a much better card just days before
FreeBSD became capable of driving it (8-(

--
Adrian Wontroba