smtp relay

Matthew Seaman m.seaman
Fri Aug 20 11:51:36 BST 1999

Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> Just upgraded the server from 2.7  to 3.2 and all out going mail is returned
> with refused relay and my daily run output shows rejected mail hosts.
> I assume this implmentation of smtp will not relay by default but I need an
> open relay server how do I alter it.

You probably want to add

RELAY_DOMAIN(`your.dom.ain')
RELAY_DOMAIN(`other.dom.ain')

or

RELAY_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/sendmail.cR')

to your sendmail .mc file.  The first will let any host in the named domain
relay through the server --- add as many entries as you have domains to
relay.  The second reads the list of hosts to relay for out of the given file.

When making world, you can over-ride the default freebsd.mc by adding

SENDMAIL_CF=	local.cf

in /etc/make.conf and crafting your own /usr/src/etc/sendmail/local.mc

	Matthew

--
           Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate non iam adesse.

   Dr. Matthew Seaman, Inpharmatica Ltd, 60 Charlotte St, London, W1P 2AX
            Tel: +44 171 631 4644 x229  Fax: +44 171 631 4844