sendmail in 3.2

Richard Smith richard
Tue Aug 3 08:59:02 BST 1999

Martin Smith wrote:

> I have never had a single problem with sendmail before, can anyone
> elucidate what is going on and how to fix it, it is a standard install,
> nothing silly in my my local rc.conf, sendmail.cf not altered.

I don't use sendmail off-line, so I can't suggest a solution. But
sendmail has changed, v8.9 is stricter than v8.8 in it's default
configuration. The error you are seeing results from sendmail's
inability to check addresses with your ISPs name server, before
accepting mail from you.

HTHFWIW
Richard.