BS/DEL with xterm local & remote

Richard Smith richard at jezebel.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 08:05:11 BST 1999

Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 03:05:12PM +0100, Richard Smith wrote:
> > I've added the above line to my zshenv file so that both local and
> > remote xterms get the same environment. So I _have_ fixed the problem.
>
> You'll be better off adding it to yur zshrc file instead.  zshenv
> doesn't always have a terminal attached when it's executed, so you may
> well occaisionally get obscure errors.

Yes, I discovered that when trying to run rsh :). Fixed it though, my
way perhaps, by protecting it in an "if [[ -o LOGIN ]]" statement. If
you saw my zshenv, you'ld probably cringe, I even start X from within it
:)

Do you use zsh at all or are you just generally knowledgeable in all
shells?

Richard.